Sunday, August 14, 2011

Is this hurtful for a father?

Do you know anything about how your father was raised,& how his father loved or showed attention to him??? Parents most time only learn what they received as children..And his time in the military may have contibuted to this as well...My parents were together for 45 yrs. until my mom ped last July..My father did everything he should- Kept a roof over my head & feed me,etc. . But never did father and son activitys with me,like other fathers do...But he did on ocion tell me he loved me,but I also felt that this wasn't enough..And thought that in some way he was ashamed of me somehow..I learned it was what he had experienced- coming from a large poor family,who had a father that drinked..My dad quit school in 9th grade in the depression to help support his family..So he didn't receive himself a normal loving relationship...So i was able to better understand this situation..And time went by,& by my late 20's my father started to open up more...We have a very good relationship for many years now!! But 2 yrs ago I moved 1,400 miles away for work...I miss my father very much,& he miss's me..We talk about 3x a week on the phone....DONT let your brother write your dad off, or vice versa!! Just give it a little time and keep working with both of them!!! I'm willing to bet your dad loves ALL of you!!! He just might not know the proper way to do it!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment